101 Education takes the privacy of our students very seriously and we will comply with all legislative requirements. This includes the Privacy Act and Australian Privacy Principles (2014)
In some cases as required by law and as required by the NVR Standards we will need to make your information available to others. In all other cases we ensure that we will seek the written permission of the student.
Our privacy principals are
- Open and transparent management of personal information. The object of this principle is to ensure that 101 Education entities manage personal information in an open and transparent way.
- Anonymity and pseudonymity. Individuals may have the option of not identifying themselves, or of using a pseudonym, when dealing with 101 Education in relation to a particular matter.
- Collection of solicited Personal Information. 101 Education must not collect personal information (other than sensitive information) unless the information is reasonably necessary for 101 Education business purposes.
- Dealing with unsolicited personal information. If 101 Education receives personal information, 101 Education must, within a reasonable period after receiving this information, determine whether or not the we would have collected the information under Australian Privacy Principle 3, and if not we must, as soon as practicable but only if it is lawful and reasonable to do so, destroy the information or ensure that the information is deidentified.
- Notification of the collection of personal information. Requires 101 Education to notify our clients, staff and students of any additional information that we collect about them, and further advise them of how we will deal with and manage this information.
- Use or disclosure of personal information. The information that 101 Education holds on an individual that was collected for a particular purpose, 101 Education must not use or disclose the information for another purpose unless the individual has consented.
- Direct marketing. As the 101 Education holds personal information about individuals, we must not must not use or disclose the information for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Cross Border disclosure of personal information. Where 101 Education discloses personal information about an individual to an overseas recipient, 101 Education must take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles.
- Adoption, use or disclosure of government related identifiers. 101 Education must not adopt a government related identifier of an individual as its own identifier of the individual except when using identification codes or 79 603 169 482s issued by either the State based regulators, or the department of Innovation with regard to the Unique Student Identifier.
- Quality of personal information. 101 Education must take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information that 101 Education collects is accurate, up to date and complete.
- Security of personal information. If an 101 Education entity holds personal information, the entity must take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect the information.
- Access to personal information. As 101 Education holds personal information about an individuals, 101 Education must, on request by the individual, give the individual access to the information.
- Correction of personal information. As 101 Education holds personal information about individuals and should we believe that this information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading; or the individual requests the entity to correct the information; 101 Education must take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct that information.